Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Karsten Fuhrmann <ka...@cartoon-film.de> on 2008/12/11 14:32:01 UTC

changing author in specific tree

Hello,
i have a problem, someone worked with wrong credentials for some time.
What i want to do now is changing this information inside the svn.
Meaning i want to alter the author of some commits made in a specific
part of the svn tree to another author. Is that possible ?
I am using FSFS as the storage backend.

Greetings,
Karsten Fuhrmann
System Administrator
Cartoon-Film Thilo Rothkirch
Hasenheide. 54
D-10967 Berlin
phone  +49 30 698084-109
fax  +49 30 698084-29
mobile  +49 172 3859543

Re: changing author in specific tree

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 09:32, Karsten Fuhrmann
<ka...@cartoon-film.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> i have a problem, someone worked with wrong credentials for some time.
> What i want to do now is changing this information inside the svn.
> Meaning i want to alter the author of some commits made in a specific
> part of the svn tree to another author. Is that possible ?
> I am using FSFS as the storage backend.

svn:author is a revision (unversioned) property, so you will need to
locate all revision numbers where this was done and update the
revprop, either with svn propset --revprop (may also require a
pre-revprop-change hook script update) or svnadmin setrevprop.

You can't set this value for "part of the tree" because the property
is tied to the revision, not the files/directories; if this person
edited 2 different sections of the repository in the same transaction,
and only one needs to have the author information changed, I think
you're out of luck.