Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/08 08:03:02 UTC

Prewarmed containers

Hi

I was reading some discussions and blogs about prewarmed containers, but I still have no idea how to
 configure OpenWHisk to prewarm containers. I have seen a pull request, where some kind of
containers can be defined as prewarmed and a count of prewarmed containers can be defined. Can
someone clarify me where and how I can define it?

Best regards
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak (@ksobkowiak)

Senior Delivery Architect @ Capgemini SSC (http://www.capgeminisoftware.pl/)

Re: Prewarmed containers

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hi

They are configured by the operator that deploys OpenWhisk by editing the runtimes.json [1] for example if you open the file you will see that nodejs6 look at the stemCell field it contains the values 2 and 256mb.
This means that the invoker will always try to keep 2 containers of 256mb for nodejs6 as spare and ready to receive a new invocation.

You can edit the runtimes manifest to declare stemCells for any runtime kind.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/blob/master/ansible/files/runtimes.json

- Carlos Santana
@csantanapr