Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2014/08/11 08:25:43 UTC

Bigtop 0.8.0 progress

With the latest changes that went in over the weekend
I'm happy to report that at least on the minimum set of
package tests we're down to one issue only:
    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Bigtop-trunk/job/Bigtop-trunk-packagetest/label=lucid-slave/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

Various hive-* packages seem to fail on install
on Ubuntu 10.04.

If anybody can take a look -- it'll be greatly appreciated.

Also, the Jenkins EC2 issues still remains and it
seems to consistently affect only 2 of our dynamic
slaves: fedora18 and opensuse12. The rest are fine.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Bigtop 0.8.0 progress

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 11:25PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> With the latest changes that went in over the weekend
> I'm happy to report that at least on the minimum set of
> package tests we're down to one issue only:
>     http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Bigtop-trunk/job/Bigtop-trunk-packagetest/label=lucid-slave/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/
>
> Various hive-* packages seem to fail on install
> on Ubuntu 10.04.

Sorry for possibly steering away the conversion about Hive packages issue -
that clearly is a blocker for the release. And it isn't CI related - perhaps a
genuine issue.

Re: Bigtop 0.8.0 progress

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1

0.8.0 has been a long time coming. Kudos to all who have put in the work to
get it there. (And apologies for not being around enough.)

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: Bigtop 0.8.0 progress

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Bigtop 0.8.0 progress

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi roman and others:

--
jay vyas

Re: Bigtop 0.8.0 progress

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
If it's just me no problem we can close it as invalid and I'll step around Sqoop locally. No idea what's going there really.

Re: Bigtop 0.8.0 progress

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Re: Bigtop 0.8.0 progress

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.