Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2020/07/08 21:52:03 UTC

Looking for mod_proxy_ajp or mod_proxy_http users

Re: Looking for mod_proxy_ajp or mod_proxy_http users

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2020-07-08 um 23:52 schrieb Christopher Schultz:

> All,
>
> I'm (likely) giving a presentation at this year's ApacheCon North
> America (which is *virtual* this year, so the "North America" just
> means "it was supposed to be in New Orleans in September" but anyone
> can attend ... FOR FREE!) about migrating from mod_jk ->
> mod_proxy_http and I'd like some feedback on my draft slides.
>
> Is anyone using mod_proxy_ajp or mod_proxy_http in a production
> setting and has a lot of experience with getting it all to work well?
> My 20 years or so of experience with proxying to Tomcat has always
> used mod_jk so I'm sure there are some obvious things I'm not thinking
> about because mod_jk was designed to pretty much work right out of the
> box.

I wouldn't say I have a lot of experience, but I am using mod_proxy_http
for quite a while. I wish I could use Tomcat directly, there are several
annoying bugs in mod_proxy_http discussing with httpd devs.

Michael