Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by dan sutton <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/17 17:42:35 UTC

Suggester and query/index analysis

Hi All,

I understand that I can use a custom queryConverter for the input to
the suggester http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Suggester component, however
there dosen't seem to be anything on the indexing side, TST appears to
take the input verbatim, and Jaspell seems to lowercase everything.

The problem with this is that a suggest query like q=l would not show
up 'London, UK' due to case differences. Has anyone using the
suggester component come up with a workaround? My initial thoughts are
to override the TSTLookup to alter the key to pass through an
analyzer, and do the same with my custom queryConverter.

Any other options?

e.g. I'd like the following to all return 'London, UK' as the display
for the autocomplete

london, uk
london   uk
London UK