Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Timo Schmidt <ti...@gmx.net> on 2013/05/09 13:32:49 UTC

Nutch Plugin Development

Hello together,

first of thanks for the development on nutch. I've installed nutch 2.1 with hbase and gora on my development system and
started to dive into nutch.

Currently i am working on a plugin to improve the scoring. To start simple, i've implemented a plugin that
is collection facebook like data and attaches it to the document meta data. During this the following question came up:

1. What is the proposed way of implementation. By reading existing code i guess:
a) Fetch the like count etc. and attach it to the document meta section and maybe change the score directly
b) Copy the score to a certain field during indexing and use this field for querytime boosting

2. What is the best way to make plugins available:
* There are a lot plugins in the core. But how do i provide a third party plugin in the best way regarding compiling dependencies etc?
An example that i found is: https://github.com/ATLANTBH/nutch-plugins/tree/master/nutch-plugins
 Are there other possiblities/examples?

Re: Nutch Plugin Development

Posted by feng lu <am...@gmail.com>.
Hi

for how to write a plugin in nutch ,  you can refer to this tutorial [0]

[0] http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/PluginCentral

--
Don't Grow Old, Grow Up... :-)