Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2016/12/30 00:36:40 UTC

Re: Problem with Apache In front of Tomcat - No access to resource

Edwin,

On 12/28/16 5:09 PM, Edwin Quijada wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a problem with apache + Tomcat. I am trying to put apache
> in front of Tomcat to access my app but I am getting an error 404.
>
> I have 2 virtual servers in apache for 2 DNS with 2 tomcats
>
> This is one of my virtual server
>
> <VirtualHost *:80> ServerName    server1.org ServerAlias
> *.server1.org ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost DocumentRoot
> /var/www/html ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log CustomLog
> ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined #ProxyPreserveHost On
>
> ProxyRequests off ProxyPreserveHost On # Servers to proxy the
> connection, or # List of application servers Usage ProxyPass /
> http://localhost:8082/jq ProxyPassReverse /
> http://localhost:8082/jq </VirtualHost>
>
> The problem is when I access the site http://server1.org should be
>  go to http://localhost:8082/jq but instead it goes to
> http://localhost:8082/jq/jq and obvious I get an error 404.
>
> My problem is I dont know why it duplicates the jq suffix if I go
> to http://ipserver1:8082/jq there is no problem.
>
> I check the error.log from apache and there is nothing to see.
>
> Any help or any clues will be appreciated.
>

> This is the output when I do http://server1.org Estado HTTP 404 -
> /jqjq/
>
> type Informe de estado
>
> mensaje /jqjq/
>
> descripci�n El recurso requerido no est� disponible.

If you map / -> /jq, then any request for / will be mapped to /jq/jq,
just as you requested.

In my opinion, mapping / to /jq is going to cause you an awful lot of
headaches. It is better to map / -> / or /jq -> /jq.

Try this:

   ProxyPass /jq        http://localhost:8082/jq
   ProxyPassReverse /jq http://localhost:8082/jq

Then make a request to http://server1.org/jq/ and see if you get
better results.

- -chris

Re: Problem with Apache In front of Tomcat - No access to resource

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Edwin,

On 12/30/16 1:58 PM, Edwin Quijada wrote:

> Chris, ________________________________ From: Christopher Schultz
> <ch...@christopherschultz.net> Sent: Friday, December 30, 2016
> 12:36 AM To: Tomcat Users List Subject: Re: Problem with Apache In
> front of Tomcat - No access to resource

> Edwin,
>
> On 12/28/16 5:09 PM, Edwin Quijada wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have a problem with apache + Tomcat. I am trying to put apache
>> in front of Tomcat to access my app but I am getting an error
>> 404.
>>
>> I have 2 virtual servers in apache for 2 DNS with 2 tomcats
>>
>> This is one of my virtual server
>>
>> <VirtualHost *:80> ServerName    server1.org ServerAlias
>> *.server1.org ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost DocumentRoot
>> /var/www/html ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log CustomLog
>> ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined #ProxyPreserveHost On
>>
>> ProxyRequests off ProxyPreserveHost On # Servers to proxy the
>> connection, or # List of application servers Usage ProxyPass /
>> http://localhost:8082/jq ProxyPassReverse /
>> http://localhost:8082/jq </VirtualHost>
>>
>> The problem is when I access the site http://server1.org should
>> be go to http://localhost:8082/jq but instead it goes to
>> http://localhost:8082/jq/jq and obvious I get an error 404.
>>
>> My problem is I dont know why it duplicates the jq suffix if I
>> go to http://ipserver1:8082/jq there is no problem.
>>
>> I check the error.log from apache and there is nothing to see.
>>
>> Any help or any clues will be appreciated.
>>

>> This is the output when I do http://server1.org Estado HTTP 404
>> - /jqjq/
>>
>> type Informe de estado
>>
>> mensaje /jqjq/
>>
>> descripci�n El recurso requerido no est� disponible.
>
> If you map / -> /jq, then any request for / will be mapped to
> /jq/jq, just as you requested.
>
> In my opinion, mapping / to /jq is going to cause you an awful lot
> of headaches. It is better to map / -> / or /jq -> /jq.
>
> Try this:
>
> ProxyPass /jq        http://localhost:8082/jq ProxyPassReverse /jq
> http://localhost:8082/jq
>
> Then make a request to http://server1.org/jq/ and see if you get
> better results.
>
> - -chris
>
> You alright.! that is the behaviour that I get, the question is why
> ? I thought if I map / -> /jq it would go to /jq not /jq/jq , can
> you explain me why this occurs ?
>
> Yoy alrigth in everuthing you told me but I have that doubt , why /
> -> /jq  go to /jq/jq ??
>
> And yes, your solution worked

I'm sorry, I mistyped. If / -> /jq I'd expect that a request for
/index.html would go to /jq/index.html but that a request for / would
go to /jq

If you were to request /jq then you'd get /jq/jq of course.

What if you watch the HTTP conversation with the server using fiddler,
firebug, your browsers built-in dev tools, etc.? Are you seeing any
redirects issued by the server?

- -chris

Re: Problem with Apache In front of Tomcat - No access to resource

Posted by Edwin Quijada <li...@hotmail.com>.

Chris,