Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by gng <ga...@hp.com> on 2010/07/28 10:17:06 UTC

Subscriber misses some messages (typically shortly after startup)

I have a pub/sub model where the subscriber is a grails client using Spring
configuration for the messaging. For some reason it seems to miss several
messages in our tests. Here's what I've tried :-

1. Start up the subscriber to a test topic.

2. Start up the publisher - this publishes simple text payloads to a topic
that is subscribed to by the grails client. The message frequency is quite
high (e.g. 50/sec).

Messages are written to a database for review. I notice in several runs some
messages are missed (i.e. not saved to the database). These seem to be at
the start of the test (i.e. within the first few records).

I've repeated the test but used a pure java written client (stand alone
application) that sets up the jms requirement by using the api calls (not
using Spring). So it creates the session etc in this way. Using this client,
NO messages are missed.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the cause or a similar experience.
Using version 5.3.2 of ActiveMQ.

Thanks in advance.