Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Scott <ms...@pyewacket.org> on 2003/10/23 03:25:15 UTC

[users@httpd] Generating a new server certificate

I have Apache 2.0 installed on a RH9 box.
When I installed it, the system generated a certificate under the name of
localhost@localdomain.  I now have a fqdn for the server and would like to
create a new certificate.

The O'Reilly book describes this, but this doesn't look like what I've got.

I found A Makefile in /etc/httpd/conf, but none of the commands I've tried have
been successful.

Would someone give me a "nudge" in the right direction?
TIA

Re: [users@httpd] Generating a new server certificate

Posted by Leif W <wa...@usa.net>.
Search the archives.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=106572573311336&w=2

Only thing I would add, is at step 2, there is a way to programmatically
specify credentials so you don't have to manually enter passphrase on server
startup, but you have to write the program and it's not exactly trivial.
But still it's possible.

Leif