Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Sven Struyf <sv...@hotmail.com> on 2001/06/06 15:40:53 UTC

Re: Invoking Apache soap web services from browser client / IBM WSDE

Tom (and all),

Take a look at the 'Web Services Development Environment' at the IBM
AlphaWorks website.  It requires some (heavy) downloads, but it's really
worth it!  Among other things, it will automatically generate WSDL files
from any java class or COM object, create BROWSER BASED CLIENT and deploy
your services to Websphere or Apache.

I tested the toolkit with Apache and got the services running with both the
generated browser clients and a self-built Visual Basic client using the
low-level API in MS SOAP Toolkit 2.0.

Cheers,
Sven Struyf
System Engineer
EDS Belgium

Posted by Christian Bernard <cb...@nagora.com>.
If you are using Internet Explorer 5.0, take a look at the Microsoft
WebService behavior at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/webservice/overview.asp. You may
find more details at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/webservice/using.asp.
This behavior only needs a few JavaScript lines and is very easy to use. The
SOAP response messages are returned via callbacks to the HTML pages which
have issued the requests.
I've used it with Tomcat 3.2.1 and Apache SOAP 2.1 and it works quite well.

Christian BERNARD
NAGORA Technologies