Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com> on 2016/09/01 04:50:29 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.4.9 candidate 2

+1 (binding)

-Downloaded tarball and verified signature and checksums.
-Verified content of LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt.
-Verified correct version information in src/c/include/winconfig.h.
-All unit tests passed.

Rakesh, thank you for your hard work on this release.

--Chris Nauroth

On 8/23/16, 2:24 AM, "Rakesh Radhakrishnan" <ra...@apache.org> wrote:

    This is the third release candidate for 3.4.9. This candidate removes the
    extra *.asc files found in the
    second candidate.

    This is a bugfix release candidate for 3.4.9. It fixes 21 issues, including
    issues that affect ACL cache
    in DataTree never removes entries, prevent multiple init of login object in
    each ZKSaslClient instance,
    ZK service becomes unavailable when leader fails to write transaction log,
    upgrade netty version due
    to security vulnerability (CVE-2014-3488) and others.

    The full release notes are available at:

    https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310801&version=12334700

    *** Please download, test and vote by August 30th 2016, 23:59 UTC+0. ***

    Source files:
    http://people.apache.org/~rakeshr/zookeeper-3.4.9-candidate-2

    Maven staging repo:
    https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/zookeeper/zookeeper/3.4.9

    The tag to be voted upon:
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/zookeeper/tags/release-3.4.9-rc2

    ZooKeeper's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
    http://www.apache.org/dist/zookeeper/KEYS

    Should we release this candidate?

    Thanks,
    Rakesh

Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.4.9 candidate 2

Posted by Rakesh Radhakrishnan <ra...@apache.org>.
With 3  +1 binding votes (the necessary 3 from PMC), 3  +1 non binding
votes (including my own) and
no -1's the vote carries, the vote for candidate 2 passes. I'll work on
publishing the release to the web site.

Thanks all for checking the release.

Rakesh

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.