Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ramesh <rp...@digite.com> on 2014/02/14 12:11:00 UTC

Solr is making Jboss server slower..

Hi,
    We are using the solr search, Sometimes due to this our entire system is
becoming slow. We didn't got any clue.. So we tried to test load & stress
test through the Jmeter. Here we have tried for many times with different
testing ways. At random times in Jmeter we are getting the following
message. And randomized times again the server is getting hanged and coming
down. I have checked in our code as well All connections are closed. So can
you please check this what could be the reason for failing.

java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:679)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.addWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:950)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.execute(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1372)
java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorService.java:120)
com.ning.http.client.providers.jdk.JDKAsyncHttpProvider.execute(JDKAsyncHttpProvider.java:158)
com.ning.http.client.providers.jdk.JDKAsyncHttpProvider.execute(JDKAsyncHttpProvider.java:120)
com.ning.http.client.AsyncHttpClient.executeRequest(AsyncHttpClient.java:512)
com.ning.http.client.AsyncHttpClient$BoundRequestBuilder.execute(AsyncHttpClient.java:234)
com.digite.utils.GeneralUtils.getTagData(GeneralUtils.java:171)
com.digite.app.kanban.search.web.action.SearchAction.getTagResults(SearchAction.java:337)
com.digite.app.kanban.search.web.action.SearchAction.searchItem(SearchAction.java:73)
sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor707.invoke(Unknown Source)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeAction(DefaultActionInvocation.java:453)

Thanks in Advance... Waiting for your reply...

Re: Solr is making Jboss server slower..

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Nothing in that stack trace looks like it has anything
to do with Solr/Lucene. What makes you think Solr
is the culprit?

jstack can be used to see what _all_ the threads on
a machine are doing, you might try using that.

You also need to describe what the server "coming down" means.
Gets slow? Crashes? Stops accepting requests from anyone?

Best,
Erick