Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by "Hiller, Dean D (Dean)" <dh...@avaya.com> on 2004/10/16 19:01:01 UTC

why not POJO's

Why not generate POJO's?  It would be very nice if the beans had no
references to xmlbeans project, and instead there was some parallel
hierarchy that I never have to care about.  Have you used hibernate for
instance?  It is completely non-intrusive.  They are just POJO's from
your perspective.  It is just sooo much cleaner this way....so clean
that entity beans are being revisited in the EJB 3 spec. :-)

            I have used castor previously, but prefer to use either a
JAXB compliant library or one that does just POJO's with a parallel
hierarchy kind of like BeanInfo classes.

I personally would pick a POJO over JAXB compliance anyday just like I
would pick hibernate over entity beans anyday(and many people are).  I
would prefer both POJO, and JAXB compliance of course.  I think many in
the community might feel the same way as I see more and more jump on
hibernate and drop entity beans(picking a non-intruisive framework over
the intruisive one)

I know castor does something very close to POJO's, but they also tied
just a few methods that import castor stuff in their beans......I had
one situation where I had to get rid of castor and ripping out all the
castor specific imports was a pain...if only they were POJO's!!!  I
personally think it would be even harder looking at the generated code
of xmlbeans.  Anyways, this is just one persons opinion.  Thought I
would at least ask why.  Thanks for any info and rational that I am not
thinking about.

Thanks,

dean