Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Charles <ch...@radworkz.com> on 2002/09/05 21:45:07 UTC

[MessageResource] No class definition found error

Hi,
I'm utilizing the MessageResources class in a non-struts class.
Compiling it isn't an issue because the struts.jar is added in the
classpath. However when running on the servlet container i get the problem:
NoClassDefinitionFoundEror for org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.

This problem would indicate that i should add struts.jar in the classpath
when starting up the servlet container, but according to the struts FAQ, it
should not be so.

 i'm using servletExec 4.1 and I;m running it with the latest patch
(4.1.1p15).