Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/09 13:48:08 UTC

Re: Branch and backports management

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Jukka Zitting<ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Sébastien
> Launay<se...@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
>> But this branch may also be created from 1.6 when a new release
>> branch is really needed in order to avoid multiple backports
>> from branches to branches.
>
> Good point, that'll probably be an easier approach.

I notice you started merging changes back to the 1.x and 1.6 branches. Thanks!

Feel free to delete the 1.x branch to avoid the extra work. As you
said, we can recreate the branch from 1.6 later if needed.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Branch and backports management

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Sébastien
Launay<se...@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
> I was not confident to delete this branch as my first commit ;).
> But, it's done now.

Cool, thanks.

> After analyzing svn:mergeinfo property i have a doubt because
> older branches (1.5, 1.4, ...) still have mergeinfo from 1.x branch
> but not from forked branches (1.6, 1.5, ...) and i don't know if
> this a problem.

It shouldn't be a problem as we haven't been using svn mergeinfo to
track the backport queue for earlier branches. In fact now that 1.6.0
is out we probably don't need accurate mergeinfo data even in the 1.6
branch. Instead we use Jira to track all the changes that have been or
should be backported from trunk.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Branch and backports management