Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by simon jones <si...@saq.co.uk> on 2006/07/12 17:50:39 UTC

HTTP Status 503 - Servlet admin.login_jsp is currently unavailable

Hi, can anyone help me with this one?  Thanks!

I've installed tomcat - no probs - manager works great as does the
installation but I can't get the admin working, I know this has been
posted before but I can't find a fix so I'm also providing as much
information as possible with this post.

When I call the admin page I get the following error:

HTTP Status 503 - Servlet admin.login_jsp is currently unavailable

--------

type Status report

message Servlet admin.login_jsp is currently unavailable

description The requested service (Servlet admin.login_jsp is currently
unavailable) is not currently available.

--------

Apache Tomcat/5.5.9

I have my admin files installed in the following locations:

/usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/conf/Catalina/localhost/admin.xm
/usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/webapps/server/webapps/admin/adm
in.xml

thanks

Simon Jones
SAQ Group

Simon Jones
SAQ Group
Tel: 0870 737 7707
VoIP: 4822813
Fax: 0870 737 7708
simon@saq.co.uk
http://www.saqnet.co.uk AS29219
SAQ Group providers of communications services for UK Business.
DSL : Domains : Email : Hosting : CoLo : Servers : Racks : Transit :
Backups : Managed Networks : Remote Support.

Re: HTTP Status 503 - Servlet admin.login_jsp is currently unavailable

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Did you store the admin webapp in server/webapps where it belongs?  Also
check your logs.  There should be an exception trace just before the
place where this was marked as unavailable.

--David