Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "HO,ELWIN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <el...@hp.com> on 2001/10/05 18:53:25 UTC

mod_jk not working for Apache 2.0

Hi,
I can't find the mod_jk for apache 2.0 in Tomcat 3.3 Release Candidate 1 any
more. It was under ..\src\native\mod_jk\apache2.0 before. Anyone knows the
reason, why the 2.0 module is removed.

I test the old mod_jk for Apache 2.0 (I got it form 3.3 beta 2). It doesn't
work for the latest Apache 2.0 (2.0.26 dev).  It is caused by the change of
request.c in Apache source code. Anyone have a patch for that?

Thanks
Elwin

Re: mod_jk not working for Apache 2.0

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
"HO,ELWIN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" wrote:

> Hi,
> I can't find the mod_jk for apache 2.0 in Tomcat 3.3 Release Candidate 1 any
> more. It was under ..\src\native\mod_jk\apache2.0 before. Anyone knows the
> reason, why the 2.0 module is removed.
>
> I test the old mod_jk for Apache 2.0 (I got it form 3.3 beta 2). It doesn't
> work for the latest Apache 2.0 (2.0.26 dev).  It is caused by the change of
> request.c in Apache source code. Anyone have a patch for that?
>
> Thanks
> Elwin

The Apache-2.0 source code is now only in the jakarta-tomcat-connectors where
the mod_jk developements are taking place.

Re: mod_jk not working for Apache 2.0

Posted by cm...@yahoo.com.
On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, HO,ELWIN (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:

> Hi,
> I can't find the mod_jk for apache 2.0 in Tomcat 3.3 Release Candidate 1 any
> more. It was under ..\src\native\mod_jk\apache2.0 before. Anyone knows the
> reason, why the 2.0 module is removed.

It was moved in jakarta-tomcat-connectors workspace. The version of jk in
jakarta-tomcat is 'frozen', all new development ( including all apache2.0
code - since this is still moving ) is done in the new workspace.

Costin