Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/05 20:44:58 UTC

Run a multimodule build up to a certain module in maven 3

Hi,

Suppose the following multimodule project

project
 + client-common
 + client-gui
 + server-common
 + server-api
 + server
 + installer
 + installer-gui

I want to run the build up to the 'server' module, but not run the installer
and installer-gui modules. What would be the easiest way to do this in Maven
3? In Maven 2, i used the reactor plugin for it. Is this still the best way
or is there a better/easier way in Maven 3?

regards,

Wim

Re: Run a multimodule build up to a certain module in maven 3

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to run the build up to the 'server' module, but not run the installer
> and installer-gui modules. What would be the easiest way to do this in Maven
> 3? In Maven 2, i used the reactor plugin for it. Is this still the best way
> or is there a better/easier way in Maven 3?

You could put the modules you build less often in a profile, and
activate the profile only when you need it.

--
Wendy

Re: Run a multimodule build up to a certain module in maven 3

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.
To answer my own question:

mvn -pl server -am clean install

"-pl server" builds the server project and "-am" makes sure that everything
"server" needs is also build.

See
http://www.sonatype.com/people/2009/10/maven-tips-and-tricks-advanced-reactor-options/
for
some more info. The docs on the maven page itself are very short:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-multiple-modules.html and they
link to a page in "Maven: The definitive guid", but the link (
http://www.sonatype.com/books/maven-book/reference/multimodule.html) is
broken.

regards,

Wim