Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/14 19:27:35 UTC

Welcome Ryan Ernst as Lucene/Solr committer

I'm pleased to announce that Ryan Ernst has accepted to join our ranks
as a committer.

Ryan has been working on a number of Lucene and Solr issues and
recently contributed the new expressions module[1] which allows for
compiling javascript expressions into SortField instances with
excellent performance since it doesn't rely on a scripting engine but
directly generates Java bytecode. This is a very exciting change which
will be available in Lucene 4.6.

Ryan, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Congratulations and welcome!

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-5207

--
Adrien

Re: Welcome Ryan Ernst as Lucene/Solr committer

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
Welcome Ryan!

koji

http://soleami.com/blog/automatically-acquiring-synonym-knowledge-from-wikipedia.html

RE: Welcome Ryan Ernst as Lucene/Solr committer

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Welcome Ryan!

Glad to have the one taking care of SolrResourceCorrumpter on board!

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Ryan!

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Welcome aboard!

Posted by Han Jiang <ha...@apache.org>.
Welcome, Ryan!

Posted by Martijn v Groningen <ma...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Ryan!

On 14 October 2013 20:13, Ryan Ernst <ry...@iernst.net> wrote:

> Thanks Adrian.
>
> I grew up in Bakersfield, CA (colloquially known as "the armpit of
> California").  I escaped and went to Cal Poly for my bachelors in computer
> science, and after a very brief stint working on HPUX, I landed working on
> the Amazon search engine for A9. I especially enjoy working with
> compression and encodings, and hope to experiment there some more with
> Lucene.
>
> Thanks
> Ryan
>

> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm pleased to announce that Ryan Ernst has accepted to join our ranks
>> as a committer.
>>
>> Ryan has been working on a number of Lucene and Solr issues and
>> recently contributed the new expressions module[1] which allows for
>> compiling javascript expressions into SortField instances with
>> excellent performance since it doesn't rely on a scripting engine but
>> directly generates Java bytecode. This is a very exciting change which
>> will be available in Lucene 4.6.
>>
>> Ryan, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome!
>>
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-5207
>>
>> --
>> Adrien

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martijn van Groningen

Re: Welcome Ryan Ernst as Lucene/Solr committer

Posted by Ryan Ernst <ry...@iernst.net>.
Thanks Adrian.

Posted by Christian Moen <cm...@atilika.com>.
Welcome Ryan!

Christian

Posted by Alan Woodward <al...@flax.co.uk>.
Welcome Ryan!

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.
Welcome Ryan!

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Welcome Ryan!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Ryan!

- Mark

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Ryan!

Posted by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Ryan!

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Ryan!

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Welcome, Ryan!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Ryan!

Tommaso

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Ryan!

Steve

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Nice, nice, more encoding compression on the way :)

Otis

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Ryan!

-Yonik

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Ryan!

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 10:57 PM, Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Ryan Ernst has accepted to join our ranks
> as a committer.
>
> Ryan has been working on a number of Lucene and Solr issues and
> recently contributed the new expressions module[1] which allows for
> compiling javascript expressions into SortField instances with
> excellent performance since it doesn't rely on a scripting engine but
> directly generates Java bytecode. This is a very exciting change which
> will be available in Lucene 4.6.
>
> Ryan, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-5207
>
> --
> Adrien