Posted to users@isis.apache.org by "Richardson, Jason - FSA, Kansas City, MO" <ja...@kcc.usda.gov> on 2012/05/01 19:24:29 UTC

ISIS ObjectStores and isis.persistor general question

What do I use for the Isis Persistor setting to use the SQL Objectstore.
Is there an additional POM dependency I need to add to my project to use the SQL ObjectStore?
---  If so what project should I place it in?

isis.persistor=????

I used the Archtype to generate my project.

Assignments
Assignments-dom
Assignments-fixture
Assignments-objstore-dflt
Assignments-tests-bdd
Assignments-tests-junit
Assignments-webapp

Here is what I have in my Assignments-webapp isis.properties.

#### jdbc:postgresql://host:port/database
isis.persistor.sql.jdbc.driver=org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
isis.persistor.sql.jdbc.connection=jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1:5432/assignments
isis.persistor.sql.jdbc.user=postgres
isis.persistor.sql.jdbc.password=mypassword

####   PostgreSQL ISIS specific data type overides
isis.persistor.sql.datatypes.timestamp=TIMESTAMP
isis.persistor.sql.datatypes.datetime=TIMESTAMP
isis.persistor.sql.datatypes.double=DOUBLE PRECISION

PS.  Unless I just missed it there needs to be some documentation added to the object stores or the quickstart page or the ISIS site in general to show what the isis.persistor should be set to for each objectstore, and also what POM updates need to be made to use the objectstores.

Jason Richardson

RE: ISIS ObjectStores and isis.persistor general question

Posted by "Richardson, Jason - FSA, Kansas City, MO" <ja...@kcc.usda.gov>.
Success.

The following tables were created in my test PostgreSQL DB.

isis_admin_serial_id
isis_admin_services
isis_todoitem

 I will create a JIRA account.

Also, I'll send some notes on how I got the archtype to actually run and create the tables in the DB.   From a newbies perspective.

Jason Richardson

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.

Posted by Kevin Meyer - KMZ <ke...@kmz.co.za>.
On 1 May 2012 at 17:24, Richardson, Jason - FSA, Kans wrote:

> What do I use for the Isis Persistor setting to use the SQL Objectstore.
> Is there an additional POM dependency I need to add to my project to use the SQL ObjectStore?
> ---  If so what project should I place it in?
>
> isis.persistor=????

isis.persistor=sql

And you need to add the SQL OS persistor modules to your POM:

		<!-- Isis dependencies -->
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.apache.isis.runtimes.dflt.objectstores</groupId>
			<artifactId>sql-impl</artifactId>
		</dependency>

I added it to the objectstore-default project.

> I used the Archtype to generate my project.
>
> Assignments
> Assignments-dom
> Assignments-fixture
> Assignments-objstore-dflt
> Assignments-tests-bdd
> Assignments-tests-junit
> Assignments-webapp
>
> Here is what I have in my Assignments-webapp isis.properties.
>
> #### jdbc:postgresql://host:port/database
> isis.persistor.sql.jdbc.driver=org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver

This looks wrong. It should be something like:
isis.persistor.sql.jdbc.driver=org.postgresql.Driver