Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org> on 2020/10/13 19:41:45 UTC

Re: Unable to Access Apache 503 Error Service Unavailable

Gowtham,

Apache Atlas 2.1.0 uses JanusGraph 0.5.1, and JanusGraph removed support for embedded Cassandra since 0.5.0 – as can be seen in the following in Atlas server log:

[main:] ~ Cassandra embedded solution is deprecated and will be removed with JanusGraph 0.5.0. For testing, please use JanusGraph Docker images: https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph-docker. For production, please use a side-by-side deployment of Cassandra or a pre-packaged version of Cassandra with a CQL backend in JanusGraph 0.5.0. For more details, see https://docs.janusgraph.org/basics/server/. (CassandraEmbeddedStoreManager:81)

Consider using alternate backend store – like HBase, or external Cassandra (i.e. not embedded).

Hope this helps.

Madhan

From: Gowtham <go...@datanomist.com>
Date: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 7:22 AM
To: <ma...@apache.org>
Subject: Unable to Access Apache 503 Error Service Unavailable

Hi Madhan,

                I have installed the Atlas(apache-atlas-sources-2.1.0) in our server by following in the link  “https://atlas.apache.org/2.0.0/InstallationSteps.html. After all the setup have been done, we ran the atlas-start.py and the atlas is running on port 21000.When we are accessing the atlas, we are facing 503 Service Unavailable Error.

We checked the logs from application.log file. We got below issue

2020-10-13 06:29:02,309 WARN  - [main:] ~ JMX is not enabled to receive remote connections. Please see cassandra-env.sh for more info. (CassandraDaemon:81)

2020-10-13 06:29:02,310 ERROR - [main:] ~ cassandra.jmx.local.port missing from cassandra-env.sh, unable to start local JMX service.null (CassandraDaemon:87)

                We see there is no “cassandra-env.sh” file in atlas and we tried other ways and didn’t find any solution for the above error.

                Could you please help us in rectify these problem so that it will be very helpful to us.

Thanks,

Gowtham V

RE: Unable to Access Apache 503 Error Service Unavailable

Posted by Gowtham <go...@datanomist.com>.
Hi Madhan,

Thanks for you response,

We installed Hbase as a backend but we are facing below issues regarding SOLR.

2020-10-16 06:21:34,691 WARN  - [ReadOnlyZKClient-localhost:2181@0x05261ec9-SendThread(localhost:2181):] ~ Session 0x0 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect (ClientCnxn$SendThread:1102)

                at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:714)

                at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:361)

                at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1081)

Sometime this below issue

Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Cannot connect to cluster at localhost:2181: cluster not found/not ready

                at org.apache.solr.common.cloud.ZkStateReader.createClusterStateWatchersAndUpdate(ZkStateReader.java:385)

                at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.ZkClientClusterStateProvider.connect(ZkClientClusterStateProvider.java:141)

                at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CloudSolrClient.connect(CloudSolrClient.java:383)

                at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.solr.Solr6Index.createSolrClient(Solr6Index.java:286)

                at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.solr.Solr6Index.<init>(Solr6Index.java:209)

Could you please help us in solving the problem..