Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Rudy De Busscher <rd...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/28 14:37:26 UTC

[Core] Missing f:event tag (Declarative Event Handling) in JSF2??

Hi,

I saw on several places the mentioning of a "Declarative Event Handling" in
JSF 2.  But I couldn't find support for the <f:event> in Myfaces 2 beta. A
quick look into Mojarra revealed that they also don't support the tag.

Looking up the tag documentation shows a difference between the 2 sources .

The VDL Tag Library Documentation for JSF (**
https://javaserverfaces.dev.java.net/nonav/docs/2.0/pdldocs/facelets/index.html)
doesn't have a mention of <f:event> but the VDL tag Library Documentation
for facelets2 (
https://javaserverfaces.dev.java.net/nonav/docs/2.0/pdldocs/jsp/index.html)
has the tag listed.

Is there a Declarative Event Handling in JSF 2 (and thus missing code) or
not ??

Thx
regards

Rudy.

Re: [Core] Missing f:event tag (Declarative Event Handling) in JSF2??

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rudy,

If you think this is a specification bug, then please file an issue for that
on https://javaserverfaces-spec-public.dev.java.net/. And very great would
also be if you would create a myfaces issue afterwards with the link to the
spec-issue.

Thanks!

Regards,
Jakob