Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bineesh <ku...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/03 14:21:12 UTC

Nutch+Solr

Hello,

We use Solr 7.3.1 and Nutch 1.15

We've placed the authentication for our solr cloud setup using the basic
auth plugin ( login details -> solr/SolrRocks)

For the nutch to index data to solr, below properties added to nutch-sitexml
file

 <property>
  <name>solr.auth</name>
  <value>true</value>
  <description>
  Whether to enable HTTP basic authentication for communicating with Solr.
  Use the solr.auth.username and solr.auth.password properties to configure
  your credentials.
  </description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>solr.auth.username</name>
  <value>solr</value>
  <description>
  Username
  </description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>solr.auth.password</name>
  <value>SolrRocks</value>
  <description>
  Password
  </description>
</property>

While Nutch index data to solr, its failing due to authentication. Am i
doing something wrong ? Pls help

Re: Nutch+Solr

Posted by Bineesh <ku...@gmail.com>.
This is solved.

Nutch 1.15 have index-writers.xml file wherein we can pass the UN/PWD for
indexing to solr.

Re: Nutch+Solr

Posted by Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com>.
Bineesh,

I don't use Nutch, so don't know if this is relevant, but I've had
similar-sounding failures in doing and restoring backups.  The solution
for me was to deactivate authentication while the backup was being done,
and then activate it again afterwards.  Then everything was restored
correctly.  Otherwise, I got a whole bunch of efforts (if I left
authentication active when doing the backup).

Terry