Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Purcell <sp...@vertisinc.com> on 2002/08/09 19:57:12 UTC

RequestDispatcher question

Hello,

I am trying to send a (request, response) object to a server that lives at another IP (or URL). I have the need to pass parameters that are in the request object, but I cannot seem to forward the request to the other servlet. I keep getting a error: "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Path http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/testcode/servlet/allparams does not start with a "/" character

When I try the same code on my local machine, within the same web app, all works great. So I think the coding is good.  So I am trying to figure how to get the request object from one box to another? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Test Code:
// from a method here
                try {
                    gotoPage("http://XXX.XXX.X.XXX/testcode/servlet/allparams", request, response);
                                        response.sendRedirect(mm.getSomeURL());
                }

    private void gotoPage(String address,
                          HttpServletRequest request,
                          HttpServletResponse response)
        throws ServletException, IOException {
        RequestDispatcher dispatcher = getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(address);
        dispatcher.forward(request, response);