Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by su2 <sh...@pexsupply.com> on 2010/02/16 16:41:29 UTC

[users@httpd] URL Rewrite goes into infinite loop

Hi,

I have following rule

RewriteMap urlspm txt:/usr/local/etc/manual_redirects.txt
RewriteCond ${urlspm:%{REQUEST_URI}} ^(/.*)$
RewriteRule ^.*$ %1 [P,L]

and in manual_redirects.txt i have following.

/Abc-173000-b /ex/control/brandLanding?SEARCH_STRING=Abc&~category_id=B173

I get following error.

in firefox

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this
address in a way that will never complete.
* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

in google chrome

The webpage at [xyzcom...] has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your
cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem.
If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with
your computer.

in IE it goes nowhere, i tried for half hour and it shows its processing.

Now, when I change my .txt file to following(for test purpose) it works.
/Abc-173000-b /ex/control/category/~category_id=B173

The entire rewrite file is
RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule /ex/control/main / [R=301,L]
RewriteRule ^/$ [127.0.0.1...] [P,L]

#for newsletters
RewriteRule ^/img/spacer.gif /newsletter/img/spacer.gif [R,L]

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^N=
RewriteRule ^/controller.asp(.*) /ex/control/category/~category_id=0 [R=301]

RewriteMap urls txt:/usr/local/etc/ex_301.txt
RewriteCond ${urls:%{REQUEST_URI}} ^(/.*)$
RewriteRule ^.*$ %1? [R=301,L]

RewriteCond ${urls:%{REQUEST_URI}?%{QUERY_STRING}} ^(/.*)$
RewriteRule ^.*$ %1? [R=301,L]

RewriteMap urlsp txt:/usr/local/etc/redirects.txt
RewriteCond ${urlsp:%{REQUEST_URI}} ^(/.*)$
RewriteRule ^.*$ %1 [P,L]

RewriteMap urlspm txt:/usr/local/etc/manual_redirects.txt
RewriteCond ${urlspm:%{REQUEST_URI}} ^(/.*)$
RewriteRule ^.*$ %1 [P,L]

I have a feeling that my URL request is getting into infinite loop somehow.
But not sure how and where.

I would appreciate the help.

Thank you in advance.

Re: [users@httpd] URL Rewrite goes into infinite loop

Posted by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 4:41 PM, su2 <sh...@pexsupply.com> wrote:

> I have a feeling that my URL request is getting into infinite loop somehow.
> But not sure how and where.
>
> I would appreciate the help.

You have to look in your logfiles. What do you see in your access log,
and what in your rewrite log? If you don't have a rewrite log, enable
it. It could also be usefull to install a plugin like "Live HTTP
Headers" in Firefox, to see what is being sent back by the server.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org