Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Anand Hegde <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/10 05:55:45 UTC

thrift serialization and deserialization

If I want to convert a file into thrfit format, I will give this in my
.thrift definition file

struct my_file {

1: string file_name
2: string file_contents

}

After this how do I convert a file into the thrift format in ruby?

Is there a method that will do this for me?

Re: thrift serialization and deserialization

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@gmail.com>.
Anand -

You need to check out the Thrift compiler. It has options for generating
types for many languages, Ruby included.

-Bryan