Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gd...@macromedia.com> on 2001/07/11 21:03:49 UTC

VOTE: Indents

Do I recall correctly that we decided to standardize on 2-space indents?

I am sick sick sick of having to reconfigure my editor for different files,
some with 2 spaces and some with 4.

Whichever we agreed on (IIRC the last vote was for 2), I would like to
change the ENTIRE source tree to match it and then keep it that way from now
on.  I will volunteer to do this work and make a big ugly checkin with no
substantive changes but for indenting.

Can I get an "oh yeah" from the committers?

Glen Daniels
Macromedia
http://www.macromedia.com/
                                Building cool stuff for web developers

Re: VOTE: Indents

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>.
+1 please (from a non committer).

What other projects do; is leave a .indent.pro file in the directories; or
in the case of java some *.jin I guess; or something at the end of each
file vim/emacs.

Dw