Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Julian <ce...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/01 22:29:41 UTC

(Aggregated) Document Entities Serialize Incorrectly

Hi,

I am using Cocoon 2.1 with j2sdk 1.4.1_02.

When I transform an aggregated document, I am
inserting the " " to separate various strings.  After
transforming the  document, it is serialized as xml.
Finally, the serialized document has "�" instead of a
white space (otherwise known as "�").  When I
serialize as html, I get the nbsp entity.  Finally,
when I do not use sitemap aggregation and/or
transformation, the problem persists.  It seems as if
the serializer is not recognizing this entity
correctly!  I am trying to have the document pulled
down as xml and then tranformed to html by the
browser's built in xsl processor.  Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Julian

=====
Live simply so others may simply live.
�
-Ghandi
�
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate.
"Entities should not be multiplied unneccesarily"
�
-William of Occam

Re: ASCII Codes... was (Aggregated) Document Entities Serialize Incorrectly

Posted by Julian <ce...@yahoo.com>.
Jan,

Thanks for you suggestions.  To be frank, I had placed
the ascii code "160" in my xml document as it was
generated server side with xslt.  I replaced this
method with xsl:text in my stylesheet and problem
solved.

  On the other hand, the problem persists with ascii
codes.  Anytime I use an ascii code, a capital A with
an accent circumflex is placed in front of the
character represented by the ascii code.  I tried
various encoding values (e.g. ISO-8859-1, UTF-8) in
the xml and no change in behavior regardless of the
pipeline structure.  However, when I load the document
straight from the disk without Cocoon, there is no
problem.

Thanks again,
Julian

Posted by Julian <ce...@yahoo.com>.