Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/07 16:18:21 UTC

Re: Standalone Velocity toolbox

Please keep user questions on the user list, so that answers can be
archived for others to find.

MessageTool is pretty firmly tied Struts and the servlet environment
at this point.  At a minimum, you would have to override the init()
and getResources() methods to load a Struts MessageResources instance
from a standalone environment.

I've done some work on a generic TextTool, but it is not ready for
consumption yet.