Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Justin Greene <bs...@spamex.com> on 2006/03/09 16:06:12 UTC

Re: IIS 6 + Apache tomcat 5.5.15 + SQL Server 2000 ? ( Windows 20 03 Server )

We have used both JTDS and JDBC to connect Tomcat to SQL2000.  JTDS seems to
be more memory efficient.  It is also far stricter in how data types are
cast.  Stored Procedures that worked fine with JDBC sometimes did not
properly with JTDS.  I think the issue (I am not doing the java work) is
that the variable types in preparing the statement must be strictly
correct... i.e. JTDS will not truncate a string that is too long for the var
type but JDBC will.

Justin