Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Rui Xue <lo...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/06 19:18:04 UTC

Question on support for org.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.FileInputFormat

Hello all,

I am new Hive researcher. Currently I intend to create a self-custom
FileInputFormat for special research purpose. It seems that the current
Hive (0.14.0 or higher) still support only the previous FileInputFormat
i.e. org.apache.hadoop.mapred.FileInputFormat, but it would be a lot easier
for my application to use the later version FileInputFormat API i.e.
org.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.FileInputFormat. So hereby I would like to
know whether Hive (0.14.0 or higher) supports
org.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.FileInputFormat or not.

Thanks in advance!