Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2002/11/08 04:46:27 UTC

Fortress Release Process

I have removed the development code from CVS (not permanently, but
temporarily)
so that we can focus on getting it out the door.  The plans I had for
using the Kernel as opposed to the ContextManager are on hold as I don't
have
the time to flesh this out in my original timeframe (or Peter's for that
matter).  I have not abandoned it altogether, but they are destined for
Fortress 1.1 release along with the associated "environments".  I have
started work on "environments" wich would make it dirt simple to create
Fortress based application and use it from the command line, a Servlet,
or embedded in Phoenix.  As of right now, those plans are on hold.

At this point, all that remains is the code cleaning that Peter is
doing,
and some rudimentary docs.  Unfortunately, I don't have time for either.
Once those docs are done and you all are happy with it, we can release
Fortress 1.0.

 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin