Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org> on 2020/09/15 20:07:15 UTC

[VOTE] The second HBase 2.3.2 release candidate (RC1) is available

Please vote on this Apache hbase release candidate,
hbase-2.3.2RC1

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache hbase 2.3.2

The tag to be voted on is 2.3.2RC1:

  https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/2.3.2RC1

The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md
and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:

  http://home.apache.org/~vjasani/2.3.2RC1/

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1408/

Artifacts were signed with the 1C8ADFD5 key which can be found in:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS

To learn more about Apache hbase, please see

  http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,
Your HBase Release Manager

Re: [VOTE] The second HBase 2.3.2 release candidate (RC1) is available

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
Thanks Wellington and Nick for your help with this RC.
In the wake of rare but quite problematic static initializer issue (HBASE-24896), we
will sink this RC and include patch (https://github.com/apache/hbase/pull/2417)
for 2.3.2.
Thanks everyone, will be back with new RC after the patch gets in.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wellington Chevreuil <we...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

* Signature: ok

* Checksum : ok

* Rat check (1.8.0_181): ok

  - mvn clean apache-rat:check

* Built from source (1.8.0_181): ok

  - mvn clean install -DskipTests

* Unit tests pass (1.8.0_181): ok

  - mvn package -P runSmallTests

Tested deploying on pseudo distributed (local FS):
- CRUD: ok
- Web UI: ok
- ltt 10,000,000 rows: ok