Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@edgility.com> on 2001/12/12 23:27:27 UTC

SOAP and WebSphere 4 -- packaging SOAP classes into EAR

Hello,

I'm trying to deploy a simple SOAP service to
WebSphere 4.0, and not having any luck.

I'm confused at the part in the instructions where
WebSphere says:

"Package the code artifact into an Enterprise Archive.
This step is a deployment packaging requirement of
WebSphere Application Server. Use the Application
Assembly Tool (AAT) to package the artifact."

All I am trying to do is to package up a single
HelloWorld class. I've written the java program,
compiled it, and I've written my Apache SOAP
deployment descriptor.

But now what? When I run the Application Assembly
Tool, it allows me to create an EAR, but then the
only things I can figure out how to put into the
ear are EJB modules, Web modules, and application
clients.

But I don't have any of those modules. I just have
a Java class file that I want to access using SOAP.

Does WebSphere want me to make a J2EE module of some
sort? What kind? What should my application.xml file
look like?

Can anybody send me some simple step-by-step
instructions for how to package up my class into
an EAR file which WebSphere will recognize?

thanks,

bryan