Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Hao Sun <ha...@zendesk.com> on 2018/01/08 05:46:50 UTC

akka.remote.ShutDownAssociation: Shut down address: akka.tcp://flink@fps-flink-jobmanager:45652

I am running Flink 1.3.2 in my local docker environment.

I see this error, not sure how to find the root cause.
I am confused by this error message, why JM is trying to connect to JM from
one random port to the RPC port: 6123?

====
2018-01-08 05:38:03,294 ERROR akka.remote.EndpointWriter - AssociationError
[akka.tcp://flink@fps-flink-jobmanager:6123] <-
[akka.tcp://flink@fps-flink-jobmanager:45652]: Error [Shut down address:
akka.tcp://flink@fps-flink-jobmanager:45652] [
akka.remote.ShutDownAssociation: Shut down address:
akka.tcp://flink@fps-flink-jobmanager:45652
Caused by: akka.remote.transport.Transport$InvalidAssociationException: The
remote system terminated the association because it is shutting down.
]
====

Here you can find the full log
https://gist.github.com/zenhao/c8d13cce8601e321dd706a2ac53f5032

Re: akka.remote.ShutDownAssociation: Shut down address: akka.tcp://flink@fps-flink-jobmanager:45652

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I'm actually not sure what's going on there. I suspect that it must have
something to do with the local setup. Not sure from where you submit your
job. If you submitted the job from fps-flink-jobmanager then this could the
client actor system which shuts down after submitting the job because you
submitted the job in detached mode.

It would be helpful if you could describe a little bit more how you set up
the Flink cluster and how you submit jobs. Moreover, it would be great to
get access to all relevant logs (JM, TMs and client).

Cheers,
Till

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,