Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Norman Zhang <nz...@arkon-group.com> on 2004/01/26 19:40:31 UTC

[users@httpd] Custom Error Message

Hi,

I'm using Apache 2.0.47, I enabled

<Directory /var/www/html/arkon>
   AllowOverride All
</Directory>

in commonhttpd.conf and added .htaccess to /var/www/html/arkon with contents

ErrorDocument 404 /var/www/html/arkon/txt/error.htm

However I can get the custom page to be loaded. Is there something wrong
  that I'm doing?

Regards,
Norman

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Custom Error Message

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Norman Zhang wrote:
> > Also note that MSIE will ignore apache-generated error messages unless
> > they are "large enough".
>
> Is there a fix for this? Or I need to manually edit the error pages that
> came with Apache?

If you are talking about the multi-lingual custom error messages, I
believe they are already big enough, but I haven't checked lately.

Joshua.

[users@httpd] Re: Custom Error Message

Posted by Norman Zhang <nz...@arkon-group.com>.
>>I'm using Apache 2.0.47, I enabled
>>
>><Directory /var/www/html/arkon>
>>   AllowOverride All
>></Directory>
>>
>>in commonhttpd.conf and added .htaccess to /var/www/html/arkon with contents
>>
>>ErrorDocument 404 /var/www/html/arkon/txt/error.htm
>>
>>However I can get the custom page to be loaded. Is there something wrong
>>that I'm doing?
>
> First, start by checking your error log.  It will probably tell you that
> that path can't be found, because you are supposed to use a web-path (like
> /arkon/txt/error.htm) and not a full file-system path.

Thanks Joshua. I need to make it /txt/error.htm in .htaccess.

Re: [users@httpd] Custom Error Message

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.