Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "emmanuel.boudrant" <b7...@yahoo.fr> on 2002/08/13 15:42:28 UTC

Problem with bean-utils.

Hi,

We have got some problem with beans-utils, we have some forms beans with about 20 properties, some properties was named datXxxxx (ex: datVers, datSaisie...).

But, randomly, Struts throw the exception : No getter methog for property datEffet of bean xxxx, this exception occurs only on fields named datXxxxx.

Is there any restriction on naming properties for beans-utils ?

Thx,
Emmanuel

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail -- Une adresse @yahoo.fr gratuite et en français !

Re: Problem with bean-utils.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, emmanuel.boudrant wrote:

> Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:42:28 +0200 (CEST)
> From: emmanuel.boudrant <b7...@yahoo.fr>
> To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org, commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Problem with bean-utils.
>

> Hi,
>
> We have got some problem with beans-utils, we have some forms beans with
> about 20 properties, some properties was named datXxxxx (ex: datVers,
> datSaisie...).
>
> But, randomly, Struts throw the exception : No getter methog for
> property datEffet of bean xxxx, this exception occurs only on fields
> named datXxxxx.
>
> Is there any restriction on naming properties for beans-utils ?

The naming restrictions are those that are inherited from the
java.lang.reflect.Introspector class, which is used to identify the
property getter and setter methods.  In turn, this class enforces the
property method naming patterns described in the JavaBeans specification:

  http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/

> Thx,
> Emmanuel

Craig

Re: Problem with bean-utils.

Posted by Janek Bogucki <ya...@studylink.com>.
Can you post the getter/setter pair of methods for one of these properties
that fails? Please include the full method header.

Re: Problem with bean-utils.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, emmanuel.boudrant wrote:

> Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:42:28 +0200 (CEST)
> From: emmanuel.boudrant <b7...@yahoo.fr>
> To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org, commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Problem with bean-utils.
>

> Hi,
>
> We have got some problem with beans-utils, we have some forms beans with
> about 20 properties, some properties was named datXxxxx (ex: datVers,
> datSaisie...).
>
> But, randomly, Struts throw the exception : No getter methog for
> property datEffet of bean xxxx, this exception occurs only on fields
> named datXxxxx.
>
> Is there any restriction on naming properties for beans-utils ?

The naming restrictions are those that are inherited from the
java.lang.reflect.Introspector class, which is used to identify the
property getter and setter methods.  In turn, this class enforces the
property method naming patterns described in the JavaBeans specification:

  http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/

> Thx,
> Emmanuel

Craig