Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Jacob Scott <jh...@MIT.EDU> on 2008/08/14 20:23:09 UTC

Ivy Eclipse Plugin: resolving multiple projects at once

Hi,

I have Eclipse set up with five projects, such that all projects hit the same
ivy repo/have the same ivy config. Is there any easy way to have them all
resolve at once? It is getting tedious to manually trigger each resolve.

Thanks,

Jacob

Re: Ivy Eclipse Plugin: resolving multiple projects at once

Posted by Kirby Files <kf...@masergy.com>.
Jacob Scott wrote on 08/14/2008 02:23 PM:
> I have Eclipse set up with five projects, such that all projects hit the same
> ivy repo/have the same ivy config. Is there any easy way to have them all
> resolve at once? It is getting tedious to manually trigger each resolve.

Well, I can think of two ways this could be solved.

The first is achievable today: just create a project with an Ivy
Classpath Container and the desired ivy.xml. Export the Classpath
container in the java build settings, and make your other projects'
builds depend on this project. In this way, they will all inherit the
classpath of the central project, which allows you to just to a
Resolve on that project when you need to pick up changes.

Another solution would be to request a new feature of a periodic
Resolve in the IvyDE container. That is, once every n minutes, the
container could Resolve its configuration, with n being configurable
per-project, or workspace-wide.

Thanks,
   --kirby