Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by GreenLove1 <ch...@emc.com> on 2008/12/09 22:54:27 UTC

Control Flow via systemUsage?

What I want is for my queues to block when they fill up.  I've been able to
achieve this by configuring synchronous writes and setting my pending queue
policy to vmQueue cursor.  It seems to block when I reach the minimum of
systemUsage memoryUsage limit and my policyEntry memoryLimit.  In this mode,
I can only store my pending messages in memory.  What's the best way to have
a fixed size queue with flow control that allows for some paging to disk to
accommodate for larger queue sizes?

Whenever I switch to fileQueue cursor, my disk just seems to fill up and the
broker stats on the web interface always seem to say temp percent used: 0
and store percent used 0.

I am new to ActiveMQ and am trying to evaluate whether it can do what I
want.

Thanks,

Adam