Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Kurt Mosiejczuk <ku...@cranky.work> on 2020/09/10 20:22:20 UTC

Tarballs linked on download.html different from linked checksums

I was looking at porting xml-security-c to OpenBSD today, and noticed that
the tarballs linked no download.html are different than the tarballs at
https://downloads.apache.org/santuario/c-library/.

I noticed this since I used the link from download.html for the downloaded
tarball and then checked it against the checksums that download.html
refers folks to. They were different. The tarballs at
https://downloads.apache.org/santuario/c-library/ *do* match the checksums
in there.

I realize this may just be an innocent mistake, but figured I'd mention
it in case it's not. Many folks might not check the checksums.

--Kurt

Re: Tarballs linked on download.html different from linked checksums

Posted by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu>.
On 9/10/20, 4:22 PM, "Kurt Mosiejczuk" <ku...@cranky.work> wrote:

>    I was looking at porting xml-security-c to OpenBSD today, and noticed that
>    the tarballs linked no download.html are different than the tarballs at
> https://downloads.apache.org/santuario/c-library

I just checked one by hand, the bz2, and the checksums on the file it linked me to on a mirror matched.

So I would say...you got a bad mirror and the checksum did its job.

-- Scott