Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Simon Cox <si...@zepler.net> on 2003/08/29 12:09:40 UTC

Composite and CompositeContext interfaces

Hi,

This is completely off topic, but I'm starting to go mad.  I'd like to
know if you had any problems implementing the awt Composite and
CompositeContext interfaces.  I've searched on google and you seem to be
the only people to have done this sort of thing so I'm hoping you've
come across the same problem.

When I use my own Composite object I get the following exception:

java.lang.InternalError: not implemented yet
       at sun.awt.X11SurfaceData.getRaster(X11SurfaceData.java:157)
       at
sun.java2d.pipe.GeneralCompositePipe.renderPathTile(GeneralCompositePipe.java:82)

       at
sun.java2d.pipe.SpanShapeRenderer$Composite.renderBox(SpanShapeRenderer.java:42)

       at
sun.java2d.pipe.SpanShapeRenderer.renderRect(SpanShapeRenderer.java:168)
       at
sun.java2d.pipe.SpanShapeRenderer.fill(SpanShapeRenderer.java:119)
       at
sun.java2d.pipe.PixelToShapeConverter.fillRect(PixelToShapeConverter.java:44)

       at sun.java2d.pipe.ValidatePipe.fillRect(ValidatePipe.java:46)
       at sun.java2d.SunGraphics2D.fillRect(SunGraphics2D.java:2065)
       at com.jcraft.weirdx.Draw.reqImageText8(Draw.java:947)
       at com.jcraft.weirdx.Client.run(Client.java:649)

There seems to be a known bug that causes the same exception, which is
due to having a colour depth of 24 bpp in linux.  However, I followed
the suggested solutions (set the DefaultFbBpp 32 option in my XF86Config
file, use the latest sun 1.4.2_01 vm and the latest blackdown vm) to no
avail.  I've also tried copying the source of java.awt.AlphaComposite to
prove it's not my code that's dodgy.

I know this isn't your problem, I'm just hoping you might be able to help.

Thanks,

Simon Cox

Re: Composite and CompositeContext interfaces

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Simon Cox wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is completely off topic, but I'm starting to go mad.  I'd like to
> know if you had any problems implementing the awt Composite and
> CompositeContext interfaces.  I've searched on google and you seem to be
> the only people to have done this sort of thing so I'm hoping you've
> come across the same problem.

Hi Simon,
     I suspect your only real option is to draw to an offscreen buffer.
Most Batik code draws to offscreen buffers.