Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Thomas Cotting <co...@centralnet.ch> on 2004/04/29 11:59:28 UTC

JReleaseInfo task for inclusion on page "External Tools and Task"

Hi,

I would like to add an external task that I've written to the page
"External Tools and Task".

According to the FAQ I append the information in the preferred XDOCS
format, as subsection element:

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

<subsection name="JReleaseInfo">

    Sometimes you are interested at runtime to have information from
build time. This may be the build date, a build number or the version.
    The JReleaseInfo Ant Task generates a java source file with getter
methods for any desired and provided properties.
    Furthermore, it can automatically generate a viewer (which can e.g.
be used as main-class in a library jar file) that shows the included
release information.

       <th>Compatibility:</th>
       <th>URL:</th>
SourceForge</a></td>
       <th>Contact:</th>
href="http://sourceforge.net/projects/jreleaseinfo/">Forums/Tracker on
SourceForge</a></td>
       <th>License:</th>
</subsection>

Re: JReleaseInfo task for inclusion on page "External Tools and Task"

Posted by Thomas Cotting <co...@centralnet.ch>.
I think, it really belongs to the page "External Tools and Task", since
there is the place people are used to search for additional tasks.

Since the "Ant Task" page in the wiki is still empty, I have no idea,
what exactly should be inserted there. Sorry for my lack of phantasy ;-)

Do you think we should build up a parallel list there?

Thomas

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Posted by Thomas Cotting <co...@centralnet.ch>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
 > change committed, should appear on the website in a few hours.
 >
 > Stefan

Thank you for inserting it.

An annotation to the idea of using the wiki instead:

I personally like wikis a lot, but my experience ist that
the price you pay is high since you are bound to the syntax
of the specific wiki and loose any platform independence.

Nevertheless, I have tried to build such an Task entry
in the wiki sandbox:

http://wiki.apache.org/ant/WikiSandBox#preview

Thomas

Re: JReleaseInfo task for inclusion on page "External Tools and Task"

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.