Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2003/09/22 14:36:53 UTC

Accessing FormValidatorAction parameters in the sitemap

Working with Cocoon 2.0.4  and JDK 1.3...

I am trying to get the value of parameters used in
a FormValidatorAction, to pass as new parameters
further on in the sitemap.

According to the Cocoon API docs, if I have :

 <map:act type="form-validator">
         <parameter name="descriptor" value="context://descriptor.xml">
         <parameter name="validate" value="username,password">
 </map:act>

then:

"This action returns null when validation fails, otherwise it provides
all validated parameters to the sitemap via {name} expression."

This means, from what I understand of this API, that I should
be able to have:

  <map:match pattern="test/*">
    <map:generate  type="file" src="test/{1}.xml" />
    <map:transform src="styles/page2html.xsl">
      <map:parameter name="username" value="{username}" />
    </map:transform>
    <map:serialize />
  </map:match>

and expect to access the value of 'username' as parameter
in the page2html.xsl transform - however, I always get a null value
returned even when the validation is successful - is the above
syntax incorrect?

Thanks
Derek

believed to be clean.

Re: Accessing FormValidatorAction parameters in the sitemap

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 22.Sep.2003 -- 02:36 PM, Derek Hohls wrote:
> Working with Cocoon 2.0.4  and JDK 1.3...
>
> I am trying to get the value of parameters used in
> a FormValidatorAction, to pass as new parameters
> further on in the sitemap.
>
> According to the Cocoon API docs, if I have :
>
>  <map:act type="form-validator">
>          <parameter name="descriptor" value="context://descriptor.xml">
>          <parameter name="validate" value="username,password">
>  </map:act>
>
> then:
>
> "This action returns null when validation fails, otherwise it provides
> all validated parameters to the sitemap via {name} expression."
>

> This means, from what I understand of this API, that I should
> be able to have:
>
>   <map:match pattern="test/*">
>     <map:generate  type="file" src="test/{1}.xml" />
>     <map:transform src="styles/page2html.xsl">
>       <map:parameter name="username" value="{username}" />
>     </map:transform>
>     <map:serialize />
>   </map:match>

And where exactly do you use the formvalidator?

> and expect to access the value of 'username' as parameter
> in the page2html.xsl transform - however, I always get a null value
> returned even when the validation is successful - is the above
> syntax incorrect?

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l