Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by John Thompson <tj...@googlemail.com> on 2007/03/21 15:25:44 UTC

getting a service's URL/port

hi!

is there way to determine (in the deployed service code) what the service's
deployed URL is?  (I am using Axis 1.4)

Why? I would like (in order to build some remote monitoring in) to set up in
a java static the url/port etc to make it available for the service code
that this could be communicated to a remote 3rd party.)

thanks...TJ.

Re: getting a service's URL/port

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.
John,

you can retrieve the running address the usual way (see the java.net
package). About the running port, if you are using tomcat, you can parse
the server.xml configuration file.

HTH,
Michele