Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2003/01/15 10:43:44 UTC

James and Merlin looking good

Have resolved the issue I was having in Merlin 2.1 with James - turns
out I copied and pasted a configuration from the current defintions to
the wrong component!  That's all fixed and I've done a bunch of tests,
optimized a few things in Merlin and now everything is runing peachy.

Tests pass without error and client interaction is working fine.

Just for reference, the block defintion for the James system in Merlin
has been added to the CVS - you can't use it yet because the James
ComponentManager -> ServiceManager changes I've made are local on my
machine and I havn't committed the Cornerstone stuff yet.

Anyway, the reference may be of interests:

   The top-level blocks.xml file which tells Merlin which
   blocks to load - the James block includes a confuration
   fragment that suppliments a packaged confiuration so you
   can site specific informaiton.

   http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/avalon-sandbox/merlin/blocks.xml

   The actual James block definition just contains the
   description of the components to be deployed within
   the container managed by the James block.  This is
   reasonably similar to the current information exect that
   you don't need any assembly information (Merlin will figure
   that out for you).

 http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/avalon-sandbox/merlin/src/test/config/james.xml

Cheers, Steve.

--