Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Taavi Kaevats <ta...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/23 10:17:24 UTC

XML tags

Hi,

I am experiencing difficulties to decide whether to translate
translatable attributes (descriptions, titles etc) within "<" and ">".
(in help files)
I am working with 4 alternative language (including english and
german) to compare the source and there are portion of strings (more
than 100) where all 4 alternatives are translated into native
languages. However when i submit the translated version to my work, i
receive an "Critical errors: XML tags ".

How exactly should i proceed?

Regards,
Taavi

Re: XML tags

Posted by "Václav M.Madej" <va...@seznam.cz>.
Hi, unfortunately I do not understand your answer at all. I use Google
Translate. Try to use it too.
In essence, I have only one question as to whether a cheaper alternative to
transport would be possible.
                                                  Best regards wenna59 -----
----- Původní e-mail ----------

Re[2]: XML tags

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pm...@gmx.com>.
Hi,

Not saying it's the correct way, but I translate only the sections after name,
e.g.:
<link href="text/scalc/main0107.xhp" name="Janela">Janela</link>

Regards,
Pedro

Re: XML tags

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello

Re: XML tags

Posted by Dick Groskamp <th...@quicknet.nl.INVALID>.
Op 27-1-2020 om 16:44 schreef Dick Groskamp:
> Op 27-1-2020 om 15:54 schreef Taavi Kaevats:
>> /offlist
>> Hi, DiGro
>>
>> i see you've taken it offlist at one point? you don't preferre public
>> discussion to reach a common understanding for everyone?
>>
>> anyway, i see your point and it is what i actually expected. I am not
>> sure tho, why Mechtilde told to not change anything.
>>
>> PS! i also read your instructions to disable the warning.
>> I have checked in the online environment and it seems to me there is
>> much faster way for the same result:
>> - Click the icon next to the warning XML tags ( it will turn grey)
>> - Switch to the next or previous string using up/down arrow
>> there are now 1 critical error less at the overview pane without
>> editing/saving the string itself
>>
>> Do you confirm or override?
>>
>> Regards,
>> tav
>
> Taavi,
>

> no problem to discuss it openly, but I thought the mail was sent to me
> personally, so I left out the mailinglist.
>
> So back to the list
>

> Tried your solution for the warnings.
>
> On an existing translated string it throws me an error NOT FOUND if I
> click the icon and won't turn grey.
>
> That's why I first have to edit the string.
>
> Then it works for me.
>
> "Do you confirm or override?" - I don't get such an option
>
> Greetings

Maybe this link helps a bit :

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide/Translation_Built-in_Help

--
DiGro

Re: XML tags

Posted by Dick Groskamp <th...@quicknet.nl.INVALID>.

Re: XML tags

Posted by Dick Groskamp <th...@quicknet.nl.INVALID>.
Op 28-1-2020 om 12:16 schreef Stehmann:
> That will be great help
> Mechtilde
>
> Am 28. Januar 2020 12:04:45 MEZ schrieb Dick Groskamp <th...@quicknet.nl.INVALID>:
>> Op 27-1-2020 om 19:33 schreef Mechtilde:
>>> Hello Dick,
>>>
>>> if you double check it, then it is ok to disable the warning and hope
>>> that it also works in the conversion.
>>>
>>> And hope the translation works in the build.
>>>
>>> I know there isn't an easy solution I'm now  working on the "critical
>>> errors" for German.
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>>
>>> Mechtilde

>> in

>> the

>> within
>> languages,

>> far

>> positive that

>> tags, and

>> It is

>> if

>> use as a

>> ask so

>> probably

>> the

>> OK, thanks it should be OK for Dutch then.
>>
>> Had a quick look at the Critical XML-tags for German.
>>
>> Found that about 1500 tags seem to have somehow had the excessive
>> string
>> "visibility="visible"" added in links in the translated German string,
>>
>> whilst it is not (or no longer) in the original string in EN.
>>
>> I think it should be removed from the German string to make the
>> Critical
>> error go away.
>>
>> If you would I could help you out there.  I do have some spare time.
>>
>> --
>> DiGro

OK, I'll concentrate on the " visibility="visible" " then

--
DiGro
___________________________

Re: XML tags

Posted by Stehmann <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
That will be great help

Re: XML tags

Posted by Dick Groskamp <th...@quicknet.nl.INVALID>.

Re: XML tags

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello Dick,

Re: XML tags

Posted by Dick Groskamp <th...@quicknet.nl.INVALID>.

Re: XML tags

Posted by Taavi Kaevats <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: XML tags

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello,

Am 23.01.20 um 11:17 schrieb Taavi Kaevats:
> Hi,
>
> I am experiencing difficulties to decide whether to translate
> translatable attributes (descriptions, titles etc) within "<" and ">".
> (in help files)
> I am working with 4 alternative language (including english and
> german) to compare the source and there are portion of strings (more
> than 100) where all 4 alternatives are translated into native
> languages. However when i submit the translated version to my work, i
> receive an "Critical errors: XML tags ".
>
> How exactly should i proceed?

Please don't translate the words between "<" and ">"

> Regards,
> Taavi

Kind regards