Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kranti™ K K Parisa <kr...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/11 08:34:35 UTC

Software caused connection abort: recv failed

When we use the URL to hit the link of the webapplication running on tomcat,
getting following exception

java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed

any specific reason for this?

Best Regards,
Kranti K K Parisa

Re: Software caused connection abort: recv failed

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Pid wrote:
> On 11/03/2010 07:58, Kranti™ K K Parisa wrote:
>> could you please explain the reasons for this and any solution to
>> avoid this
>> problem?
>
> I've decided that my Internet Telepathy™ service is now chargeable, so
> if you want answers you'll have to pay $2k an hour (it's a valuable
> service!).
>
> Alternatively you can provide substantially more info and people here
> might be able to help...

Alternatively, there is always this :
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=java.net.SocketException%3A+Software+caused+connection+abort%3A+recv+failed

In other words, Kranti, to expand a bit on what Pid is writing above :
- you do not say if the problem you are indicating is happening at the
Tomcat side, or at the client side
- you do not say what the client is
- you do not say /where/ this error message happens
- you do not provide the URL which you say provokes this message
- you do not provide any information about the platform, the Tomcat
version or anything that may possibly help someone in helping you
- and if you had taken the simple step of searching in Google the exact
error message which you reported, you would have found at least 1700
hits, of which the ones on the first page already indicate what the
source of the problem is

which is essentially that something, somewhere, is trying to read from a
socket that is not connected to anything.

It is the combination of all of the above which rubs people here the
wrong way, because it makes them think that you are too lazy to even
look up the issue first, too lazy to even describe the problem properly,
and are just coming here asking the question because you figure that you
can have other people spend their time doing your homework for free.

So now, if we are wrong about all this, would you like to try again ?

Re: Software caused connection abort: recv failed

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.

Posted by Kranti™ K K Parisa <kr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.