Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Matt Farmer <ma...@frmr.me> on 2017/10/18 14:54:01 UTC

KIP Access

Hey everyone,

I'm a software engineer at MailChimp working on our Data Systems team. I'm
looking to file a KIP to improve the error handling hooks that Kafka
Streams exposes when producing messages. We've got a use case internally
that requires us to be able to ignore certain classes of errors (in this
case RecordTooLargeException), log some details about the message, and
carry on processing other messages. We developed some changes to allow this
internally, and would like to kick off the process of contributing back a
similar change upstream. (I kind of expect what we contribute back to have
a bit of a different shape than what we built internally.)

It looks like filing a KIP is the correct next step here, but it looks like
I need some additional permissions on Confluence. What's the process for
getting those permissions? My Confluence username is farmdawgnation, if
that helps.

Thanks,
Matt

Re: KIP Access