Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by GUOJUN Zhu <gu...@freddiemac.com> on 2012/04/06 00:50:26 UTC

Run mapreq job without hadoop script

We are building a system with hadoop mapreq as the back-end
distributing-computing engine.  The front-end is also in java.  So it will
be nice to start a hadoop job, or interact with hdfs directly within java,
not invoking the hadoop script.  Is there any tutorial or guide for this?
Otherwise, I have to read through all the hadoop script to simulate the
proper setting.  Thank you very much.

Zhu, Guojun
Modeling Sr Graduate
571-3824370
guojun_zhu@freddiemac.com
Financial Engineering
Freddie Mac

Re: Run mapreq job without hadoop script

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

This has been asked a few times before. See:
http://search-hadoop.com/m/lSwrf2tJTfm for a detailed conversation
that'll help.

--
Harsh J

Re: Run mapreq job without hadoop script

Posted by George Datskos <ge...@jp.fujitsu.com>.
Yes you can this.  Take a look at JobClient.runJob and JobClient.submitJob.

George