Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jaap Stelwagen <co...@jaap.nl> on 2003/08/24 00:21:34 UTC

RH8 vs RH9 problem

Hi,

I have two systems running the same web application. The first system is
a test system and it works OK, but the production server throws a
NoClassDefFoundError error.
The application is deployed from a war file. And the jar's are packed in
the war (WEB-INF/lib directory). So the war's are the same on both
servers.

You can see online:
http://test.jaap.nl/charts/what.png (works OK)
http://jaap.nl/charts/what.png (the error)

Some details,
Test system: Tomcat 4.1.24, Java 1.4.2, Red Hat 9 on Intel, jCharts
0.7.4
Production system: Tomcat 4.1.24, Java 1.4.2, Red Hat 8 on AMD, jCharts
0.7.4

Can anybody show me where to look?

Regards,

Jaap

Re: RH8 vs RH9 problem (resolved)

Posted by Jaap Stelwagen <co...@jaap.nl>.
This problem is solved.

Just in time actually, it had to be live tomorrow.

The solution was particular for jCharts: it uses X11 to generate the
charts (I guess) and therefore it needed a special configuration.

Jaap